Keep in touch
23 February 2023 at 2:00:00 am
About the job
This position is responsible for keeping real time and historical records and accounts of all financial activities and transactions of TTC. The Senior Accountant leads the implementation of day-to-day operational activities within the Finance Department and provides timely and accurate historical financial records to the CFO and senior management team to allow for strategic projections, planning and decision making.
1. Manage all daily transactions.
2. Lead all efforts towards maintaining, validating, reconciling, and reporting historical
3. Work closely with the CFO to prepare and publish financial statements, budgets, as
well as recurring and ad-hoc financial reports.
MAIN DUTIES AND OUTCOMES
1. Gather and maintain records of all financial data, ledgers and source documents.
2. Prepare and maintain records of journal entries for all transactions.
3. Lead and review the reconciliation of all journal entries against invoices, receipts,
bank statements, billing system logs, and other relevant sources.
4. Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements for review with and approval by
5. Maintain online records of daily transactions.
6. Maintain online analysis and dashboards for projects, activities, revenue streams,
and other classifications as approved by the CFO.
7. Prepare budgets and monitor expenditures, revenue and other financial activities.
8. Lead monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
9. Analyze finances to determine risks and opportunities.
11. Advise CFO on financial issues as they arise.
12. Report to the CFO and attend to any other duties assigned by the CFO from time to
1. Bachelor in Accounting and Finance or a related field.
2. Proficient in Financial Accounting Systems, preferably MYOB.
3. Experienced in using spreadsheet software for basic data analysis.
4. Understand the application of appropriate accounting standards.
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Tuvaluan.
2. Excellent time management skills.
3. At least three years working experience in a similar position.
Applicants through their application MUST:
1. Address all the qualification requirements of the job description.
2. Address each of the responsibilities of the job as listed in the job description indicating how best they can carry out those responsibilities satisfactorily and at the same time add value to the job.
3. Respond to (1) and (2) with information reflecting those in their CV and other attached documents.